Electro Cardio Gram (ECG):
Digital Video ECG, NCS, Electrophysiology Lab – Dignosis & Management of complex eplileptic disorders
Long Term Video ECG telemetry
- Long-term or “continuous” video-electroencephalography (EEG) monitoring is a diagnostic technique commonly used in patients with epilepsy.
- It involves the long-term hospitalization of the patient, typically for days or weeks, during which brain waves are recorded via EEG and physical actions are continuously monitored by video.
- In epileptic patients, this technique is typically used to capture brain activity during seizures.
- The information gathered can be used for initial prognosis or long-term care management.
Digital Video ECG
- ECG interpretation is the use of artificial intelligence and pattern recognition software and knowledge bases to carry out automatically the interpretation, test reporting, and computer-aided diagnosis of electrocardiogram tracings obtained usually from a patient.
- A nerve conduction study (NCS), also called a nerve conduction velocity (NCV) test–is a measurement of the speed of conduction of an electrical impulse through a nerve.
- NCS can determine nerve damage and destruction. During the test, the nerve is stimulated, usually with surface electrode patches attached to the skin.